30 Life Lessons for 30 Years
Recently, I turned 30 and I I thought I'd share these 30 life lessons I've learned over the years (inspired by my dear friend Anuli)...
1. Trust your dopeness.
2. It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be kind.
3. You can't pour from an empty cup.
4. Quality > quantity when it comes to friendships and so many other things.
5. Be true to yourself.
6. Be kind to yourself.
7. Community > competition.
8. No is a complete sentence.
9. There is enough sunshine for all of us.
10. Make time for self-care.
11. There is no one-size-fits-all recipe for success.
12. There's nothing wrong with wanting to make money.
13. Listen to your gut.
14. Tell your family and friends you love them while they're still here.
15. Give yourself permission to fail.
16. Perfection is overrated.
17. No one "has it all figured out." Anyone who says they do is lying.
18. Real growth happens outside of your comfort zone.
19. Change is not only inevitable, it's necessary. Learn to embrace it.
20. Therapy is a godsend.
21. Don't shrink yourself to make others feel more comfortable. Be your authentic self always in all ways.
22. Always invest in a quality bras, shoes and handbags.
23. Celebrate the small wins.
24. Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.
25. Drink plenty of water and get plenty of sleep.
26. Stay in your lane.
27. Never be afraid to stand up for yourself (and for others).
28. Try new things (you just may like them).
29. Travel often (and maybe even solo).
30. Love yourself ... no matter what.