18 Ways to Live Your Best Life in 2018
Believe it or not, we're about halfway through the first month of the New Year. If you're like me, you may be second-guessing your ambition to tackle the mountain of resolutions or goals ahead of you. But it's important to take some time for yourself as well.
Below are 18 ways to live your best life in 2018 (you can thank me later):
1. Drink a lot of water. At least 64 ounces a day.
2. Moisturize on the daily. No one likes ashy elbows (or ashy anything, really).
3. Adopt an official skincare routine (clay mask, anyone?).
5. Try something new. Doesn't matter what it is -- a new workout, a new restaurant, a new route home.
6. Travel somewhere new. Could be a new neighborhood, a new city or a new country altogether. Check Travelzoo, Groupon and LivingSocial for deals.
7. Travel by yourself, even if it's just for a day. I went on my first solo trip last year and highly recommend everyone try it at least once.
8. Start investing. Apps like Acorns make it easy. Set it and forget it (and watch the dough come rolling in).
9. Go to bed an hour earlier and/or wake up an hour earlier. You'll be surprised with how much you better you feel when you get a good amount of rest.
10. Start a gratitude journal. I used to use the Five-Minute Journal app, but recently switched to an actual paper journal (I prefer the latter).
11. Call a friend you haven't talked to in a while.
12. Send an actual handwritten letter to a distant family member.
13. Host brunch or a potluck at your place instead of going out for drinks.
14. Send an email to someone you admire.
15. Read a book by someone with a different background than you.
16. Stop following people online who make you feel bad about yourself. Comparison theory is a b*tch, y'all.
17. Unclutter your inbox once and for all. I discovered Unroll.me, a daily email digest to manage all your subscriptions, toward the end of last year and my life has never been the same.
18. Don't forget to breathe. It's going to be okay.