Hello, 2011. It's me, L'Oreal.
|Happy New Year!!!|
It's that time of the year again and I'm willing to bet you can already tell what this blog post is going to be about. That's right: my resolutions for the new year. Or, as I like to call them, my goals. In my humble opinion, "goals" seem to be much more realistic and attainable than "resolutions." So here goes nothing...
1. Learn how to cook. Those who know me know I need a GPS to find my way around a kitchen. Everyone else in my family is a pretty good cook...except for me. I love to eat, but cooking and baking have never been my strong points. This year I vow to pay more attention to my mom when she's cooking and try some new recipes.
2. Dance more often. When I was in college, I was a cheerleader and taught beginner's hip hop classes. Basically, I miss performing and I'd love to get back into the studio. I'm excited to try something new, such as belly dancing or ballroom.
3. Live in the moment. Too often I'm looking forward to the next big thing instead of taking time to soak in and appreciate the moment I'm in right now. I'm always thinking or planning ahead. From now on, I'm going to "stop and smell the roses."
4. Set realistic expectations. Not every birthday is going to be the best. Not every night out is going to be epic. I've learned, based on experience, if you expect everything to be absolutely mind blowing, you will inevitably be disappointed. Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be.
5. Put myself out there. So there's an old saying that goes: "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." As much as I claim to be a social butterfly, the truth is I can be somewhat of a homebody. One of my goals this year is to get out there and meet new people. I'm going to keep an open mind and step outside of my comfort zone.
So, those are my goals for 2011. Nothing too drastic or life altering, but little steps that lead me toward a healthy and happy new year. What are your goals for 2011?